"Sir Ken Robinson outlines 3 principles crucial for the human mind to flourish — and how current education culture works against them. In a funny, stirring talk he tells us how to get out of the educational "death valley" we now face, and how to nurture our youngest generations with a climate of possibility."
3 Principles Guide Human Life in Flourishing
- Diversity (as a strength to embrace) vs Conformity
- Curiosity (as the engine of achievement) vs Compliance
- Creativity (to allow flexibility and thinking outside the box) vs Standardization
He believes that schools work when they:
- Highly personalized
- Strong teacher support
- Tight links with community
- Broad and diverse curriculum
- Student involvement in and outside of school
How does this relate to Sugata Mitra's vision of a School in the Cloud that he articulates in his 2013 Ted Prize Wish?